Funding Requests for Committees, Divisions, Sections,
& Special Interest Groups
DUE DATE: September 1, 2013
If your group has operational budget needs, pays dues to another organization, or has special projects (brochures, databases, awards, etc.) it wants to pursue, please fill out the Funding Application Form so that these expenses can be considered by the Executive Board for inclusion in the 2014 ARLIS/NA budget.
These may involve, but are not limited to tangible products such as:
- Electronic publications, including data migration. We no longer support print publications.
- Outreach activities or materials.
- Translation of Society publications or resources.
- Other projects not covered above will be considered by the Board. Priority will be given to those projects which have a lasting benefit to the Society.
Examples of Special Funding Requests:
- In 2013, the Development Committee requested $700 to purchase pins for the Society Circle.
- In 2013, the Mentoring Committee requested $100 to join the International Mentoring Association .
- In 2011-12, the International Relations Committee requested funding to host receptions for a group of visiting German Art librarians to various East Coast venues. The request was approved for $500.
- In 2010-11, the Mentoring Subcommittee of the Professional Development Committee requested funding to shoot and edit video footage of a mentoring workshop. The request for $1322 was approved.
- In 2007-08 the Communications and Publications Committee requested $3,500 to implement an RSS feed for the website. This request was approved.
- In 2007-08 the Artist Files Working group requested $608 to allow it to continue its work on the Artist Files Revealed project. $108 was approved for hosting fee for one year. $500 for print run of 500 bookmarks was not approved.
- In 2007-2008 ArLiSNAP requested $250 for promotion of itself as a new group including buttons, posters and brochures for library school students. This request was approved.
- In 2007-08 the Wittenborn Committee requested $350 in order to take the award winners out to dinner. This request was not approved.
Bear in mind that the Board expects home institutions to provide some resources (particularly phone, fax, postage, photocopying, etc.) to those who serve on professional association groups. Funding needed in addition to those resources provided by home institutions may be requested through this annual budget process.
If you anticipate a change in leadership in your group, please make certain to notify your successor of this request and the documents that accompany it. All group contacts will be notified of the outcome of their proposal once the ARLIS/NA budget has been approved.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Deborah Barlow Smedstad
William Morris Hunt Memorial Library
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115