ARLIS/NA actively seeks both informal and official collaborative relationships with other arts and information organizations to further the goals of art information professionals. The society encourages its members who belong to other relevant organizations to share information from other professional sources that may be of interest to ARLIS/NA and to convey related society information to peers in other arts organizations.
Benefits of official affiliation may include the exchange of publications, membership lists, and conference information; reciprocal complimentary conference registration for the president and executive director of affiliates; reciprocal conference registration at members rates for the membership of affiliated organizations; the exchange of membership lists, advertising privileges in affiliates' publications, and the posting of information on affiliates' listservs and other communications channels.
Additional information regarding affiliation can be found in the ARLIS/NA Policy Manual sections R-5 and R-6.
The call for volunteers for liaisons for 2020-2021 is now open. Please fill out the volunteer form if you are interested in serving as a liaison to an affiliated organization. The deadline for applications is October 31, 2019.
Questions about the volunteer application form and the appointment process may be directed to Amy Trendler, ARLIS/NA Vice President/President-Elect.
Affiliated organizations and appointed liaisons include:
*indicates informal affiliation
- *American Alliance of Museums: Shaina Buckles Harkness
- American Library Association:
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Kunst und Museumsbibliotheken
- *Archaeological Institute of America: Deb Stewart
- ARLIS/Australia & New Zealand
- ARLlS/United Kingdom & Ireland
- *Art and Rare Materials BIBFRAME Ontology Extension (ARM): Marie-Chantal L'Ecuyer-Coelho
- Association of Architecture School Librarians: Cathryn Copper
- College Art Association: Kathleen Salomon
- *Digital Library Federation
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions: Viveca Pattison Robichaud
- Japan Art Documentation Society, Tokyo
- Museum Computer Network: Karina Wratschko
- Society of American Archivists: Elizabeth Ernst
- Society of Architectural Historians: Aimee Lind
- *Special Libraries Association (SLA): Richard Hulser
- Visual Resources Association: Karen Bouchard