About these awards:
Thanks to the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, the Art Libraries Society of North America is in the fifth year of a six-year grant to support international travel that promotes the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. Exceptional art information professionals will receive awards of $1,000-$2,500 (depending on venue) to attend conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
There are two categories of awards:
- For European librarians and art information professionals to attend the annual conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA). The 46th ARLIS/NA annual conference will be held in New York, NY, February 25-March 1, 2018.
- For ARLIS/NA members to attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Art Libraries Satellite Meeting or another European art library conference.
The number and amount of awards will be determined by a review panel consisting of appointed members of ARLIS/NA, taking into consideration levels of need, participation, and travel costs, as well as the overall number of applicants.
Application form & information:
Application deadline = November 10, 2017
For travel by Europeans to the 46th ARLIS/NA annual conference will be held in New York, NY, February 25-March 1, 2018 and for travel by ARLIS/NA members to meetings in Europe before December 31, 2018.
- Applicants may only receive a Kress award twice within a six-year period.
- Applicants from Europe must have proper travel documents for entering the United States.
- Applicants for overseas travel to Europe must be current ARLIS/NA members.
*Please note, for the 2018 awards there will be only ONE round of applications (not two as in previous years).