Thanks to the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, the Art Libraries Society of North America offers a program to help fund international travel and promote the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians.
Exceptional art information professionals will receive awards of $1,500 to attend conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
There are two categories of awards:
- For European librarians and art information professionals to attend the annual conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA). The 48th Annual Conference will be held in Saint Louis, Missouri from April 20–24, 2020.
- For ARLIS/NA members to attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Art Libraries Satellite Meeting or another European art library conference. IFLA will hold their World Congress in Dublin, Ireland from August 15-21, 2020.
The generous grant from the Kress Foundation will allow ARLIS/NA to make multiple grants to conference participants with the minimum award at $1,500 (USD). We also congratulate past recipients who have benefitted from the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Award for International Travel and enriched our ARLIS/NA annual conferences since 2013.
Application forms & information
Application deadline: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
For travel by Europeans to the 48th Annual Conference to be held in Saint Louis, Missouri from April 20–24, 2020 and for travel by ARLIS/NA members to meetings in Europe before December 31, 2020.
- Applicants may only receive a Kress award twice within a six-year period.
- Applicants from Europe must have proper travel documents for entering the United States.
- Applicants for overseas travel to Europe must be current ARLIS/NA members.