Thanks to the generosity of our donors and members, ARLIS/NA is offering multiple Virtual Conference Attendance Awards to support participation in the ARLIS/NA virtual conference which will take place May 11-13, 2021.
Awards open to current ARLIS/NA members:
Conference Attendance Award
Eligibility: Individual member who serves as a committee member, group moderator, and/or chapter officer.
Purpose: To encourage participation in ARLIS/NA by assisting conference attendance by committee members, chapter officers, and moderators, of divisions, sections, and round tables.
Awards Open to All Eligible Applicants:
Howard Karno Award
Eligibility: Art librarians residing in Latin America or Art Librarians residing in North America working with significant Latin American art/architecture research collections or researching subjects or themes related to Latin American art/architecture.
Purpose: To encourage professional development of art librarians who work to advance the study of Latin American art through interaction with ARLIS/NA colleagues and conference participation.
Student Conference Attendance Award
Eligibility: Student members who are active participants in ARLIS/NA and are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Library Studies and/or Information Studies or have recently graduated (within 12 mos. of graduation)
Purpose: To encourage participation in ARLIS/NA by assisting students considering a career in art librarianship or visual resources to attend the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
At least 50% of the student awards will be awarded to individuals who meet the criteria of the Student Diversity Award for Conference Attendance:
- Conference mentorship and onboarding will be available for Student Diversity Award awardees, facilitated with the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Eligibility: Students from a traditionally under-represented group who are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Library Studies and/or Information Studies or have recently graduated (within 12 mos. of graduation).
- Be one of the following:
- U.S. resident and a member of a racial/ethnic group as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau: African American/Black; Latino/Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native
- Canadian resident and of aboriginal identity, as defined in the Canadian Employment Equity Act ("aboriginal peoples" means persons who are Indians, Inuit, or Métis)
- Canadian resident and a member of a visible minority, as defined by the Canadian Employment Equity Act (members of "visible minorities" means persons, other than aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour)
Through the generosity of our donors and ARLIS/NA members we are able to offer multiple conference attendance awards in each category.
The application submission deadline is March 19, 2021.