Indianapolis, Indiana | April 16-21 | Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
Convocation & Other Events
- Membership Meeting
- Distinguished Service Award:
Opening Plenary: Convergence and Managing Progressive Change, James Neal, VP for Information Services & University Librarian, Columbia University
Jane Carlin, Rebecca Moss, Ken Soehner, Carol Terry
The Evolving Art Librarian: Convergence of our Traditional Roles| Alyssa Resnick, Moderator
- Introduction - Alyssa Resnick
- Laurel Bliss: "The Perspective of the Art & Design School Librarian"
- Laurel Bliss: "The Perspective of the New Art Librarian"
- Cathy Carpenter: "The Perspective of the Academic Art Librarian"
- Catherine Essinger: "The Perspective of the Museum Librarian"
- Alyssa Resnick: "The Perspective of the Public Art Librarian"
Reaching Out & Bringing In: Understanding & Encouraging Diversity In the Library| Laura Haxer, Moderator
- Session Overview
- Doroty Tao: "Who are the Diverse User Groups in the 21st Century Library? What Do We Know About Them? How Can We Better Serve Them?"
- Pnina Shachaf: "Are Virtual Reference Services Color Blind?"
- Meredith Kahn: "Intersecting Paths & Building Relationships: Outreach Programming for Underrepresented Students in Architecture & Urban Planning"
Discovery on This Side of the Virtual Wall: Evolving Authority Control Resources & Techniques in the Digital Age | Rodica Tanjala Krauss, Moderator
- Sherman Clarke: "How Do You Say 'New' in a Useful Way?"
- Mark Bresnan: "Name Authorities: The Widening Gyre"
- Patricia Harpring: "Cultural Objects Name Authority (CONA): A New Getty Vocabulary in Development
- Susan Chun: "Social Tagging: Implications for Cultural Heritage Professionals"
Working Together, Working Better: Liaison Relationships for Art, Architecture, & Visual Resources| Meredith Kahn, Moderator
- Session Q & A
- Deborah K. Ultan Boudewyns: "Librarians & Their Evolving Identity"
- Annette Haines: "The Home Turf Advantage: An Art & Design Field Librarian's Liaison Experiences"
- Leanne Hindmarch: "Liaison Relationships in Practice: Connecting with Architecture Faculty in a Polytechnic Environment"
- Elaine Paul: "Transformational Change: Visual Resources Curators, Collections, & Users in a New Era"
- The Future of Art Journals| Tammy Ravas, Moderator
- Computerized Gaming in Libraries & the Academy: Collections Development, Service Provision & Future Directions| Stephanie Krueger, Moderator
- From Courthouse to Modern House: Historic Preservation in Indiana| Amy Trendler, Moderator
- Off the Wall: Photography Beyong Aesthetics| Laura T. Harris, Moderator
- Image Copyright in a Digital World| Marilyn Russell & Roger Lawson, Moderators
- Hot & Bothered: Erotica in the Library & Museum Context| Ray Anne Lockard, Moderator
New Voices in the Profession, 2009| Sarah Falls, Moderator
- Erin Wilkins: "Mapping the Universe: Potential Applications for Information Visualizations Systems in Libraries"
- Visual Literacy: What, Why, How?| Barbara Rockenbach, Moderator
Integrating Resources Through Collaborative Convergence| Jodie Double & Rebecca Moss, Moderators
- Rebecca Moss: "Exploring the Use of New Technologies Such as Tineye, PicLens, IM & Twitter to Help Us Find & Identify Images & Then Share the Results"
- Elizabeth Schaub: "Outlining the Process of Identifying Appropriate Web 2.0 Technologies for a Visual Resources Environment & Providing Examples of the Successful Implementation of a Wiki, Swiki, Flickr group, and blog"
- Indiana Innovations: Traditional & Modern Decorative Arts| Kathy Woodrell, Moderator
Where Libraries & Archives Converge: Artists Files | Jon Evans, Moderator
- Session Overview
- Kraig Binkowski: "Introduction to Artist Files: Definitions & Broad Context"
- Francine Snyder: "Artist Files in the Institution: MARC21 & EAD Cataloging, a Convergence of Library & Archvies Standards"
- Samantha Deutch: "Artist Files in Research: the Center for History of Collecting in America's Directory, a Convergence of Disciplines & Institutions"
- Sally McKay & Barbara Rominski: "Artist Files Aggregated: The Artist Files Online Directory"
When Worlds Collide: The Journey from Here to Where in VR| Margaret Webster, Moderator
- Margaret Webster: "When Change Comes Knocking"
- Jolene de Verges: "The Ying & Yang: Stand Alone Versus Integrated Visual Resources Collections"
- Katie Keller: "Changing Course: Navigating New Terrain"
- Gary Ginther: "VR Races Back to the Art Library & Makes a Speedy Recovery"
Why is that Column in the Middle of the Room: Designing Functional, Flexible, and Forgiving Spaces for Library Instruction | Tony White, Moderator
- Paul Glassman: "Design for Learning: Success in Creating Library Instruction Classrooms"
- Creating Effective Resumes, Cover Letters and Job Searching Skills | Shilpa Rele, Sarah Sherman, Moderators
- "Copyright and Fair Use: Landmarks and Guidelines for the Art Information Provider" | Carmen Orth-Alfie
- "Planning an Interdisciplinary Humanities Information Literacy Course" | Kaeley McMahan, Sharon Snow, Ellen Daugman, Leslie McCall
- "Collection Reinvented: A Cross-Institutional Collaboration" | Linda M. Psomas
- Cataloging Advisory
- Communications & Publications
- International Relations
- Professional Development
- Public Policy
- Reference & Information Services