The awards are made possible by a generous six-year grant from the Samuel H. Kress Foundation to fund an initiative for international travel to promote the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. The grant program, established in 2013, supports bringing arts information professionals together at annual conferences to promote connections that can lead to national and international projects and initiatives. The awards provide funding to assist European librarians and art information professionals to attend the ARLIS/NA annual conferences and for ARLIS/NA members to attend European art library conferences, including the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA). Round Two applications may be submitted until February 28, 2017.
Five 2017 award recipients will attend the 45th Annual ARLIS/NA Conference in New Orleans, LA:
- Alexandra Duncan, Academic Support Librarian, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts, London, UK
- Sebastian Hierl, Drue Heinz Librarian, American Academy in Rome, Rome, Italy
- Anna Kadyrova, Librarian Second Category, Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, Russia
- Katharine Koop, Head Librarian, Faculty of Architecture, RWTH (Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule ) Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
- Marie-Laëtitia Lachevre, Head of Library, Chateau de Versailles, Versailles, France
One 2017 recipient, Sumitra Duncan, Head of Web Archiving at The Frick Art Reference Library, New York, NY, will present a paper at the IIPC (International Internet Preservation Consortium) Web Archiving Conference in London in June.
We congratulate these exceptional individuals and thank the Kress Foundation for its generous support of this important initiative.
The Samuel H. Kress International Travel Awards Review Panel
Kristen Regina (chair)