ARLIS/NA and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) are pleased to announce the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships for the 2018 Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI).
The Samuel H. Kress Foundation is sponsoring six scholarships for SEI 2018, which will be held June 5-8, 2018, at the University of New Mexico at Albuquerque. This intensive workshop is designed to serve a wide range of professionals eager to learn about new technologies and update job skills: museum staff, VR curators, librarians, archivists, and all those managing digital image media. It will feature a curriculum addressing the requirements of today's information professional, including hands-on and lecture modules presented by expert instructors. SEI provides new professionals, current library school students and more experienced staff the opportunity to stay current in a rapidly changing field, as well as significant networking opportunities.
- The six Kress Scholarship recipients will each receive $833 to cover tuition, accommodations, and minor incidentals.
- Kress Scholarship applications are due by Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Recipients will be notified no later than Friday, March 9, 2018.
- Following the workshop, each Kress Scholarship recipient will be asked to write a report detailing how they benefitted from SEI and the scholarship.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vita and a brief essay describing the effect attending SEI would have on their studies or their careers.
- All applications will be evaluated by SEI co-chairs based on the criteria established for the award and any additional directions from the Kress Foundation staff. More information is also available here.
- Submit your application materials via e-mail in a single document (PDF preferred), using the following file naming convention: LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_KRESS2018 to the SEI Co-Chairs, emails listed below.
SEI registration will open January 16, 2018.