Thanks to the generous support of the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and contributions by ARLIS/NA members, a $1,000 scholarship will be offered to enable an early career ARLIS/NA member to participate in the annual ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour sponsored by the International Relations Committee (IRC). As previously announced, the 2019 Study Tour will take place in Venice, Italy, from June 10-16. The full itinerary of this unique, behind-the-scenes, opportunity to study special collections at the city’s renowned libraries, museums and archives may be found on the ARLIS/NA website at http://www.arlisna.org/
Deadline for applications: March 18, 2019
Who may apply?
ARLIS/NA members who have held a full-time professional position(s) for seven years or less and who have not previously joined an IRC Study Tour.
What are the commitments associated with the 2019 IRC Study Tour scholarship?
- Complete application by deadline (March 18, 2019)
- Participate in ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour to Venice, Italy, June 10-16, 2019
- Assist the study tour leaders with documentation during and after the tour, including posts on ARLIS/NA social media
- Assist with the half-day symposium in Venice
- Following the tour, write a blog post about your experience for the ARLIS/NA web site
- Organize any relevant materials for sharing on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Share ideas for ongoing collaboration with Venetian libraries and librarians
- Provide input to IRC, Professional Development Committee, Awards Committee, ArLiSNAP, and other groups to develop future scholarship opportunities
How to apply?
To apply for the 2019 ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour Scholarship, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your current C.V. by March 18, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of IRC members, and applicants will be notified of their status by March 25, 2019.
A guaranteed place for the tour will be held for the scholarship recipient. Funding will be awarded after the recipient registers for the study tour and provides the down payment. Please see the study tour description for details regarding costs, policies, and terms and conditions.
Intro image courtesy Flickr user Pedro Szekely. The image was cropped slightly to fit the requirements of the template.