Editors are appointed by the vice president/president-elect in consultation with the editorial director, and report to the editorial director. The term of appointment is one year and is renewable. The incumbent receives an honorarium.
The ARLIS/NA Media Editor is responsible for the dissemination of ARLIS/NA news and announcements through external channels such as social media platforms and for preparation and dissemination of press releases to external organizations and print and media outlets. Content includes events, programs, awards, publications, member features, obituaries, and professional notes.
• Prepare and disseminate press releases to print and online media outlets.
• Disseminate ARLIS/NA news and announcements through social media platforms.
• Acquire and copy edit, according to established style guidelines and Chicago
• Manual of Style standards, announcements and submissions from ARLIS/NA and its subsidiary groups: (Divisions, Sections, Special Interest Groups, Committees, and Chapters.)
• Seek new content features and regularize procedures for dissemination.
• Select notices from listservs and websites supported by professional and scholarly agencies with which ARLIS/NA is affiliated and disseminate in social media posts as appropriate.
• Work with ARLIS/NA liaisons to external affiliate organizations to promote ARLIS/NA information.
• Update ARLIS/NA Google calendar with ARLIS/NA events and deadlines.
-- ARLIS/NA membership in good standing
-- Familiarity with the society’s organizational structure
-- Experience with formatting text and images for posting to social media outlets
-- Demonstrated skill in writing and copy editing for publication
-- Familiarity with content management systems such as Joomla!
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé via electronic mail to Roger Lawson, editorial director, by
June 5, 2020.