The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) 49th Annual Conference, Convergence = Créativité + Collaboration, will be hosted virtually in Montreal, Canada and held from May 11-13, 2021. We invite library and archive professionals, students, scholars and educators, curators and designers to submit a poster proposal in (English or French) to showcase at the conference.
A poster presentation is perfect for sharing new or in-progress research, for highlighting a case study, and for starting a conversation with colleagues about your work. Posters allow for effective combinations of graphics and text that summarize your research. They allow viewers to read the information presented at their leisure, to ask questions and provide feedback. Posters will stay on view throughout the conference, and there will be dedicated time for conference attendees to chat directly with you.
In keeping with the overall theme of Convergence = Créativité + Collaboration, we invite you to consider presenting on the following topics (or to propose one of your own):
- Creative collaborations between institutions, or between art information professionals and their communities.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion including Anti-Black Racism & Social Justice
- The impact of COVID-19 in libraries, archives and arts organizations
- Institutional decolonization & Indigenization
- Teaching and learning through innovative online exhibitions or digital curation
- Professional development (opportunities for art information professionals)
- Work-life balance
You may submit one poster proposal. Submissions will be blind, peer-reviewed by a jury organized by the Conference Planning Advisory Committee.
Deadline to submit proposal: April 6, 2021
Proposals should include the following:
- Your name (and job title and institutional affiliation if applicable) at the top of your proposal
- A title for your poster
- An abstract (250 words or less, in English or French)
As the conference will be 100% virtual, accepted posters will be presented electronically on the conference’s Showcare virtual platform. If your proposal is accepted, you will be invited to supply an 11” x 17” poster in PDF format as well as an audio or audiovisual video in mp4 format. Full technical specifications will be provided to all successful poster presenters.
Questions or comments about how to submit your proposal? Contact the Program Co-Chairs Jennifer Garland and John Latour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the Call for Posters in French here.