Under the supervision of the Archivist, the Digital Archivist will be responsible for the appraisal, preservation, digitization, arrangement, and cataloging of a wide range of materials in a private family archives in Bellevue, WA. We encourage our employees to embrace the values of integrity, humility, curiosity, self-reliance, and compassion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Appraise, accession, digitize, arrange, preserve, and catalog materials according to the Principal’s needs and priorities.
- Develop and maintain digital asset management (DAM) workflows and processes for the collection including accession, controlled vocabularies, metadata design, and
- metadata management, with the intent to improve search, retrieval, digital organization, and upkeep of DAM user manuals.
- Provide periodic progress reports on projects to the Archivist and Principal.
- Assist the Archivist with research requests and stand in for the Archivist when necessary.
- MLS/MLIS from an accredited program with an archival specialization, archival coursework, or equivalent experience in archives.
- Experience with digital records, digitization projects, data migration, and digital asset management in a cultural institution.
- Familiarity with metadata standards such as IPTC, VRA, or Dublin Core.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and audiovisual digitization practices.
- Working knowledge of preservation issues and treatments for both physical and digital materials.
- Historical, genealogical, financial, and personal research skills commensurate with an undergraduate degree in the humanities is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently, with co-workers, and with vendors.
- Ability to adhere to strict security protocols and confidentiality policies.
Commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, 401k with employer match, and paid time off.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Applicants should send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com