Reporting to the Director of Branch Libraries, the Art and Architecture Librarian serves as liaison to the University of Oregon's College of Design (School of Architecture & Environment, School of Art & Design, and Department of the History of Art and Architecture) developing collections, maintaining special/rare collections and delivering instructional services which support the college's curriculum and research needs including the Portland and online programs.
This position is located in the Design Library which houses over 90,000 books and journals on three floors and includes among its unique holdings rare books, artists’ books, historic architectural models, and architecture student drawings dating from the early 20th century.
The Art and Architecture Librarian provides course-integrated library instruction, and with faculty collaboration, designs tools and learning experiences to enhance lessons in information and visual literacy. This position provides reference services to faculty, researchers, staff, and students; and manages the Library’s special/rare collections. In addition, this Librarian collaborates with colleagues across the UO Libraries in collection development, instruction services, and programming.
The Librarian serves as the Design Library’s point person for awareness of trends in the college's scholarly communications, open educational resources, and research directions. Working in the UO Libraries’ highly collaborative, team-based environment, this Librarian may also participate in the development of digital research and education tools and special collections projects in collaboration with various UO Libraries departments such as Digital Scholarship Services, Data Services, Collection Services, and Special Collections and University Archives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of self-motivation, and strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills. Some travel to UO Portland may be required.
- American Library Association-accredited Master’s Degree in Library/Information
- Science/Studies in hand by offer date.
- Two years' librarian experience in an academic library.
- Experience providing library instruction face to face or online.
- Experience working with art/architecture collections in an academic library.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
- Preferred Qualifications At least three years of experience working as a librarian with art and architecture collections.
- Experience managing and teaching with special & rare books collections.
- Experience teaching information literacy within arts or design curricula.
- Experience with using technologies to teach and collaborate online.
- Familiarity with ACRL Visual Literacy Standards and the ARLIS/NA Core Competencies for Art Information Professionals.
- Graduate degree in art history, architecture, fine arts, or design discipline.
How to Apply
For a full job posting, including application instructions, please visit the University of Oregon Human Resources Website at http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/524298/art-and-architecture-librarian.