The Calder Foundation, a non-profit institution dedicated to collecting, exhibiting, preserving, and interpreting the art and archives of the 20th Century artist, Alexander Calder, is seeking a full-time Database & Digital Asset Manager. This is a new position established to manage and grow the Foundation’s collections of digital content and will be vital in expanding our technical capabilities. This position reports to the Director of Archives.
- Oversee the organization, cataloguing, and long-term preservation of all digital content
- Monitor and maintain digital storage systems, including file backups
- Liaise with our primary network developer and other IT specialists, assisting as needed
- Process, upload, and catalogue digital files into our digital archive and related databases
- Modify existing FileMaker Pro databases, including editing relationships, creating and managing accounts and permissions
- Suggest improvements to data collection, storage processes, and related hardware and software and implement updates
- Manage all in-house image production, including in-house photography, scanning, and onsite contracted photographers
- Prepare image files for publication and distribution, including editing and color-correcting
- Supply images and captions for all copyright permission requests, coordinating with our third party image bank
- Manage the digitization of identified collections, creating workflow and project management charts
- Update or create new training documents and train staff as needed
- Degree in library and information science, archives management, or a related field
- Three years minimum of practical work experience with digital management, preferably in an arts-related setting
- Outstanding organizational skills and prior project management experience, including the management of detail-oriented projects from start to finish
- An affinity for and up-to-date understanding of electronic records management, digital preservation practice and theory, and data storage methods and security, including hardware, software, metadata, and file formats
- High level understanding of Macs (we are an all Mac office) and proficiency in FileMaker Pro
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with DSLR cameras, professional scanning software, and Epson printers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate highly technical concepts and requirements to a variety of audiences
- Strong sense of professionalism and a commitment to the Calder Foundation’s mission and goals
Salary is commensurate with experience, requirements will be considered. The position is available immediately.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted by the Foundation for an in-person interview. NO INQUIRIES OR AGENCIES, PLEASE.