PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, October 2017
Professional Development Committee news:
- Paper proposals for the New Voices in the Profession session at the 2018 ARLIS/NA conference in New York are being accepted now through November 27. If interested submit a proposed presentation title and abstract along with your name, institutional affiliation, and email address to Meredith Hale at email@example.com.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- Storify for #critlib Twitter chat on spatial justice, September 18, 2017
Also from ARLIS/NA:
- Samuel H. Kress Foundation Award for International Travel, deadline November 10
- ARLIS/NA Graphic Novel SIG announces 10 Notable Graphic Novels Published in 2016
- Social Justice in Museum Education, a three-issue Viewfinder series.
- Art Museum Libraries and Librarianship, 2nd edition calls for chapter proposals. Proposals including name, title, institution, essay topic, and brief abstract should be sent to Amelia Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 17.
- Comics and Critical Librarianship for Academic Libraries calls for chapter proposals. Deadline December 15.
- Empirical Librarians: Research Supported and Done by Librarians, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Deadline November 30.
- Digital Initiatives Symposium, University of San Diego. Deadline November 17.
- LOEX Annual Conference, Houston, Texas. Proposal deadline for breakout sessions November 17; poster sessions January 29; minority scholarship applications January 18.
- ARLIS/UK & Ireland Conference. Deadline December 1.
- Library Juice Press keeps a running list of active CFPs for anything from conference presentations to books chapters and zines related to critical librarianship.
- Digital Asset Management Los Angeles 2017: "The Art and Science of Managing Digital Data," Los Angeles, California, November 14-15.
- Charleston Conference, Charleston, South Carolina, November 6-10.
- ALA Midwinter, Denver, Colorado, February 9-13. Early advance registration closes December 13.
- College Art Association, Los Angeles, California, February 21-24. Early registration closes December 15.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Jennifer Friedman (Mentoring Chair)