PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, January 2018
PDC at the ARLIS/NA 46th Annual Conference:
- Feb 25: The Mentoring Subcommittee will kick off the 13th Yearlong Mentoring Program Workshop
- Feb 26: 12th annual New Voices in the Profession panel
- Feb 26: NDSR Art Task Force, which is seeking members; applications due by Friday, February 9
- Feb 28: Professional Development Committee annual meeting (open to all)
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- Storify for #critlib Twitter chat on librarianship and comics, November 28, 2017
- Presentations from the 2017 study tour in Paris, June 2017
- IFLA Art Libraries Section, "Art Libraries Versus Their Users: Who is Transforming Who?" World Library and Information Congress, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 24-31. Proposals due Feb. 1.
- "Is This Permanence: Preservation of Born-Digital Artists' Archives," National Digital Stewardship Residency for Art Information (NDSR Art) symposium hosted by the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, Connecticut, May 11. Proposals due Feb. 15.
- Participate in Open Education Week, Mar. 5-9, by submitting an event you are hosting or an open resource to be featured on the OEW website. Submissions due Feb. 25.
- "Migrants: Art, Artists, Materials and Ideas Crossing Borders," Murray Edwards College, Cambridge, England, Nov. 15-16. Proposals due Feb. 28.
- Museums and Galleries History Group (MGHG) Biennial Conference, "Museums, Collections & Conflict, 1500-2010," National Maritime Museum, July 13-14. Proposals due Mar. 1.
- "Shared Ground: Cross-Disciplinary Approaches to Craft Studies" symposium, New York, New York, Sept. 20-22. Proposals due Mar. 1.
- Bibliothèque Kandinsky's Summer University on artists' books, Paris, France, July 2-13. Proposal dossier due Mar. 4.
- ACRL Arts virtual discussion on Arts-Based Research in the Library, Jan. 30, 1:00-2:00 PM EST.
- ALA Midwinter, Denver, Colorado, Feb. 9-13.
- International Digital Curation Conference, Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 19-22.
- NDSR Art Enrichment Session Webinar with the Getty's David Newbury, Feb. 20, 11:30-1:00 CST
- College Art Association Annual Conference, Los Angeles, California, Feb. 21-24.
- Association of Architecture School Librarians Annual Conference, Denver Colorado, Mar. 15-17.
- Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mar. 27-30.
- "Images, Copyright, and the Public Domain in the 19th Century," Winterthur Conference, New Castle County, Delaware, Mar. 29-30.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Jennifer Friedman (Mentoring Chair)