PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, January 2019
PDC at the ARLIS/NA 47th Annual Conference:
- March 26: The Mentoring Subcommittee will kick off the 14th Yearlong Mentoring Program Workshop
- March 28: 13th annual New Voices in the Profession panel
- March 28: Professional Development Committee annual meeting (open to all)
Also from ARLIS/NA:
- The Art of Diversity, a new blog from the Diversity Committee, provides a platform for ARLIS/NA affiliates to share diverse perspectives on the intersections of identity, experience, and representation in art librarianship and related art information fields.
- ARLIS/NA Teaching SIG Blog provides news, updates, and ideas on art information literacy.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- NDSR Art Webinar: A/V and Preservation Metadata with Peggy Griesinger
- Everything You Need to Know about ARLIS/NA Committee Work with the ARLIS/NA Executive Board
CFP and Applications:
- ARLIS/UK & Ireland Conference, University of Glasgow, July 15-17. Proposals due February 11.
- Rare Book School. Applications for 2019 course due by February 18 for first consideration.
- Mills College Book Art Summer Institute, Oakland, California, June 7-14. Applications accepted until workshops are full.
Grants and Scholarships:
- Kress Foundation scholarships for Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources & Image Management (SEI), June 4-7. Applications due February 8.
- Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) Professional Development Grant. Applications due February 22.
- College Art Association Annual Conference, New York, New York, February 13-16.
- Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, Los Angeles, California, March 26-29.
- Association of Architecture School Librarians Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, March 28-31.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Chair)