PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
PDC Bulletin, April 2019
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- ARLIS/NA Leadership Onboarding Presentation by Laura Schwartz
CFP and Applications:
- Digital Library Federation Forum, Tampa, FL, Oct. 13-17. Submissions due April 28.
- College Arts Association 2020 conference, Chicago, February 12-15, 2020. Session and lightning round proposals due April 30; poster sessions and workshop proposals due September 5.
- International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA) 2019 Conference, Leuven, Belgium, October 16-19. Proposals due April 30.
- The Art of Digital Stewardship: Content, Context, and Structure, NDSR Art Capstone Event, Maryland Institute College of Art (Baltimore), June 28. Call for Lightning Talk Proposals due May 15.
- BitCurator Users Forum 2019: Communities of Practice, Yale University, October 24-25. Submissions due May 17.
- Commercial Pictures and the Arts and Technics of Visual Persuasion, Hagley Library, Wilmington, DE, November 8. Submissions due June 1.
Grants and Scholarships:
- Getty Library Research Grants for undergraduates, graduate students, and other researchers using the library and archives. Applications due April 30.
- California Rare Book School: Applications & Scholarships due June 7.
Conferences, Workshops, and Residencies:
- Triplecanopy: Summer Publication Intensive Residency, New York City, June 3-14. Applications due April 28.
- Mills College Summer Institute for Book and Print Technologies, Oakland, CA, June 7-14.Applications accepted on rolling basis until workshops are full.
- Comics Studies Society Conference: Comics/Politics, July 25-27, Toronto CA.
- NEDCC Digital Directions: Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections, Overland Park, KS, August 19-20.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Stephanie Grimm (Chair)
Meredith Hale (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Amy Hunsaker (Education Subcommittee)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Subcommittee)