PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. Previous issues can be found on the ARLIS/NA website at https://arlisna.org/
PDC Bulletin, July 2019
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- Strategies for Conserving Time-Based Media: An overview of the Art Institute of Chicago's TBM Initiative. Presented by Kristin MacDonough, Grainger Fellow in Time-Based Media Conservation.
- Contributors include Sumitra Duncan, Karl-Rainer Blumenthal, and Lori Donovan.
Other News from ARLIS/NA:
- ARLIS/NA Teaching SIG Blog: Open Call for Lesson Plans. Send submissions or interest to the SIG co-coordinators, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFP and Applications:
- College Book Art Association Conference, New Orleans, January 2-4 2020. Proposals due July 8.
- Visual Resources Association (VRA) Conference, Baltimore, March 24-27, 2020. Proposals due July 19.
- The Library Collective 2020, Knoxville TN, March 11-13, 2020. First round submissions due by August 2.
- CAA Annual Conference, Chicago, February 12-15, 2020.
- Accepted sessions seeking additional presenters/contributors. Submit your proposal to the session chair by July 23, 2019.
- Poster Sessions and Workshops: Due by September 5, 2019
- ACRL/NY 2019 Symposium, “Outside of the Box: Redefining Ethical Innovation in the Academic Library,” Baruch University NYC, December 6, 2019. Due by September 15.
org (AHTR): Call for Submissions for AHTR Weekly for 2019-2020. AHTR Weekly features short blog posts on a range of current topics in teaching and learning, with a particular interest in submissions that discuss ways to adapt or experiment with content (e.g. lesson plans) posted on the AHTR website.
Grants and Scholarships:
- VRA Foundation Internship Award for graduate students preparing for a career in visual resources or image management. Applications due August 2.
- SEI: Call for Applications, Incoming Co-Chair. Apply by July 8.
- VRAF Regional Workshop Implementation Team: positions open for Workshop Coordinators and Workshop Liaisons. Apply by July 10.
- NEDCC Digital Directions: Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections, Overland Park, KS, August 19-20, 2019. Registration open through August 2.
We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Stephanie Grimm (Chair)
Meredith Hale (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Amy Hunsaker (Education Subcommittee)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Subcommittee)