PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. Previous issues can be found on the ARLIS/NA website at https://arlisna.org/
PDC Bulletin, April 2020
This month’s bulletin features new and freely-available virtual learning content and materials from affiliate organizations colleagues and across the arts & museum landscape.
Previously from PDC: Art Libraries Resources for Remote Teaching, Research, & Learning
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Ready Yourself for Job Search and Advancement in the Art Library
- Exhibitions Special Interest Group: Marketing
- Exhibitions Special Interest Group: Exhibit Policies and Procedures
- Exhibitions Special Interest Group: Exhibition Mechanics & Technology
- Exhibitions Special Interest Group: Author Talk, Jessica Lacher-Feldman
- ARLIS/NA Leadership Onboarding Webinar 2020
Upcoming ARLIS/NA Webinars & Virtual Events
- ARLIS/NA Academic Library Division Open Forum: An hour-long open forum to discuss the shifts to online teaching and remote support, done while working remotely ourselves. Wednesday, April 22, 1PM CDT.
- Advancing Art Libraries and Curated Web Archives: Next Steps: Organized by Archive-It and the ARLIS/NA Web Archiving SIG. Thursday, April 23, 1PM CDT.
- See the ARLIS/NA Events Calendar for more rescheduled and upcoming division, section, SIG, and committee meetings.
Call for Proposals/Papers
- College Art Association (CAA) Annual Conference, NYC 2021: CFP for sessions and papers due April 30.
- ACRL Conference, Seattle 2021: CFP deadline May 8th.
- Digital Library Federation (DLF) Forum, Baltimore 2020: CFP deadline May 11.
- International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA) 2020: CFP deadline June 1.
[Virtual] Conferences and Learning Opportunities Beyond ARLIS/NA
- Studio Museum of Harlem Museum Education Practicum: Offered as an online course this spring. Applications due Monday, April 27.
- Let's Get Visual, Visual!: New Instructional Approaches for Visual Literacy: ACRL Instruction Section virtual event, Friday, May 1, 1PM CDT.
- Art + Feminism Wikipedia Editing Resources: Forthcoming sessions include training on editing Wikidata (April 29) and discussions around the “Articles for Deletion” tag in Wikipedia (May 4).
- ACRL Pandemic Resources: Virtual Learning Events & Open Content: Includes links to upcoming virtual events, archived content, and other open professional learning resources through ACRL.
- Society for American Archivists: Free webcasts (live events + recordings) available through SAA Education.
- Adobe 99U Conference: The Creative Self: Adobe’s annual conference is moving to a free, digital experience this year. Details forthcoming.
- Rare Book School Lectures: Over 40 years of lectures from RBS, now available for free via Soundcloud.
Compiled and shared by the Professional Development Committee:
Stephanie Grimm (Chair)
Meredith Hale (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Amy Hunsaker (Education Subcommittee)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Subcommittee)