The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous issues can be found on the ARLIS/NA website at https://arlisna.org/professional-resources/professional-development-bulletin.
Upcoming ARLIS/NA Virtual Events
- ARLIS/NA Virtual Conference 2021, May 11-13. See Program and Registration Information here.
Call for Proposals/Papers
- ARLIS/NA 2021 Virtual Conference (May 11-13, 2021) Call for Digital Posters. Deadline: April 6
- 2021 National Humanities Conference (November 11, 2021) Call for Proposals. Deadline: April 9
- 2021 IDEA Institute on Artificial Intelligence (July 10-16, 2021). Call for Self-funded Fellows. Deadline: April 9
- 2021 LD4 Virtual Conference (July 12-23, 2021). Call for Proposals. Deadline April 12
- Lifelong Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILi) (July 9, 2021) Call for Proposals. Deadline: April 15
- Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T) Annual Meeting (June 9-24, 2021). Call for Papers. Deadline: April 15
- Charleston Conference (November 1-5, 2021) Call for Preconference Seminars and Workshops. Deadline: May 14
- Library 2.0 Mini-Conference “Reinventing Libraries for a Post-COVID World” (June 17, 2021) Call for Proposals. Deadline: May 14
Webinars, Virtual Conferences, and Learning Opportunities Beyond ARLIS/NA
- Sartorial Society. “Human Stories of Dress” (April 15 & 29, 2021). Register here.
- Library 2.0 Mini-Conference “Reinventing Libraries for a Post-COVID World” (June 17, 2021). Register here.
- We Here Community School: “Library Exhibitions: Beyond Book Covers” with Lourdes Santamaria-Wheeler, (June 10, 2021), Slide Scale Registration, More Info and Register Here.
- Full List of We Here Community School Workshops Here.
- 35th Congress of the International Association of Paper Historians (IPH) on the theme of "Investigating American Collections on Paper" (June 7–11, 2021). Register here.
- ALA 2021 Annual Virtual Conference (June 23-29, 2021). Register here.
- Dufresne Scholarship Award Internship. 10-week, full-time internship with a stipend of $4,000. For summer 2021.
Compiled by the Professional Development Committee: Carol Ng-He (Chair), Meredith Hale, Courtney Hunt, Shoshana Vegh-Gaynor, Michele Jennings, Claire Payne, Madison Sullivan